Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day Weekend












We celebrated Dad's birthday one day early, Aug 31st, and I prepared some new recipes from the cooking class I so much enjoyed at the Grotto the weekend before. I made Crab Mango Ceviche, Mango Salad and Steak with Sweet Potatoes. It was delicious! I actually enjoyed the class so much, that we decided to give that to Dad for his birthday. The great part about it is that i'm going to attend the class with him, yay!
Now on to Labor Day weekend, we got to head out to the lake early Friday due to the fact that my office is moving buildings this weekend. We ended our early workday Friday by enjoying lunch at the new Chuy's that opened up right down from my current office. Got to love that place. So when I go to work Tuesday, I will be in a completely new building and space. We aren't moving far, actually right across the street in the EDS complex. We will now have covered parking, a cafe, a gym and my workspace will also have a window view. I sort of feel like I got a promotion in a way...ha.
Drew and Arisbe brought baby Arianne to the lake to meet us this weekend. She is precious and such a good baby. She is so easy going and likes to take lots of naps. She got to take her first boat ride, golf cart ride, hammock swing and best of all be held my her only cousin, Luke. Kathey and Don also joined us for some baby fun and amazing weather this weekend. Seriously could it have been any nicer outside this weekend? It was gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment